View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 07:33 PM
luckylindy333

Originally Posted by Tsanchez
You should purchase a 12 1/2 square and one of those pressing boards. You see them all the time with a cutting mat on one side and on the other side you can iron on. I would also have a good iron. I have three irons. One is the regular size ones. Another is the little iron with the small triangle. This one you can use if you want to do stained glass for paper piecing. Now my favorite iron is the new one that came out a couple of months ago. I bought it at Joann's when they had a 40% coupon. It's blue and has an adjustable head. I can't think of the name right off hand but I will get it and let you know the name of it. Then on books. One of the best quilt block book, and I use it all the time, is "501 Quilt Blocks". It is a wonderful book and you can change the patterns around so you don't use the same one on a quilt or you can make them all them same. It's very easy to use.
I love this book, "501 Quilt Blocks", too! I would recommend a good quilt border book, too, mine is so old, I am sure it is out of date. Maybe someone else can recommend their fav?