View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:46 PM
cr12cats

my SIL and son are vegans.For a quick dinner maybe you would like to try indivisual pizza. We took the gluten free grain or wheat torillas type flat breads ( if you can have gluten any torillas, flatbreads, or english muffins will work.) and put some tomatoe sauce on them (Can add little garlic to sauce if you want ) add what ever veggies you want then some cheese of your choice and bake at about 400 until cheese is melted. also we make cheese enchillads. put tomato sauce in a saucepan add some chilli powder, salt and heat then put some in a casserole container put a layer of corn torrillas over the sauce add shredded cheese, more sauce then torillas and cheese then slices of olives, bake till all is melted and browned a little. Also black beans and rice with salsa. We also like lentils made with vegan bouillon salt and papper to taste. Beans soups are great especcially in this cold weather. I also like their vegan bacon that is just heated and served. Great for BLTs. Have you also tried their vegan chicken patties that are in the frozen section by the bacon, There is no meat in any of it. The best brand ismorning star. I lsoi like there black bean patties to put in a torilla with mild salsa and cheese heat in the micro wave. Also chilli is good to make just leave out the meat. Ravonda Just be creative, I am also a diabetic and have watch what I eat and amounts. Good lucl to you and hope you get better. Ravonda