View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 PM
RNUNU

Originally Posted by IT_Nana
Originally Posted by jolo
I still make my postagestamp siqed quilts,all by hand each pieces sewed in.I love doing it.Each row in an around the world pattern contains 4 more blocks. Trying to count and get that many of the same fabric back in the day was very hard to do. lol Now not so bad.
My daughter saw a picture of a postage stamp quilt in a magazine and wondered if I would make one, but I shuttered at the thought of working with such small blocks. How large do you make your blocks? Do you do a ramdom design or something similar to the antique quilt on this post? I would like to surprise my daughter with one someday.
Believe it ot not ..... the squares on the Postage Stamp Quilt are exactly as the title of the quilt states.... they are the size of a postage stamp (no bigger than a "1 inch" square). Makes me tired just thinking about how much time was spent, sewing all those squares together .... as they were cut out by hand and with every single one of those little squares were sewn by hand. The only thing on this entire quilt that was not sewn by hand ..... was the binding ...... I "cheated" and attached the binding by machine .... however I did blind stitch the binding in place "by hand" to finish the quilt.