Thread: fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Feather3

I was finally dx'd with Fibro in 1999. Suffered for years prior. It'd take me 10 minutes to get out of a chair & walk across the room. Tons of muscle knots so big the docs were shocked I was still moving. There answer...anti-depressants. All they did for me was cause tons of side effects. Tried several, tried Cymbalta, Lyrica, and all the so called cures for Fibro. The docs shoved meds at me. None helped at all. What I found does help is exercise, vitamins, good diet(dump the fast food & artifical sweeteners) & a positive attitude. Stress will make Fibro worse. Laughter daly is a must as well. It stimulates all the good endorphines.

15-20 minutes of exercise(resistance, stretch & cardio) 3 times a week, multi-vitamin, B Complex, Vitamin D, COq10, Calcium, magnesium, eat lots of veggies(esp green veggies). Stay warm, as cold temps makes it worse. Massage is a must. Rid yourself of toxic friends & family. Negative anything adds stress, which = more pain. It's taken me several years, but thru all of this I am better. The massive muscle knots are gone, my pain level is way down & I feel better than I have in a long time. I am not on any meds for Fibro. On a bad day I take Advil, nap, & my Huz gives me a massage.

Each of us, who has this nasty monster, is affected differently by it. So the answer is to try things & see what works.