View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Happy Treadler

Since many of you seem like you like my Boo kitty, I figured I'd post a better picture of her. Hope it's OK that it's a off topic. The pooch is Willow, her best friend. Obviously Willow likes her, too.

To get back on a quilting topic, I did get 1/4 of my paper pieced block finished last night on the hand crank. A friend recommended this method that I REALLY enjoy: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...33818438EDRdkE

The technique is different because you do not sew through the paper & try rip it off when you're finished. I always found it stretched my stitches. Instead, you sew right next to it after it's folded over. I'll download some pictures of my project if anyone's interested. AND, I plan on hand-quilting it.

The only problem I'm having is trying to maneuver the hand crank, cutting board with ruler & rotary cutter, and the iron. The way things are set up, I'm surrounded by small tables! But hey, at least I'm in the living room with the rest of the family.

The kiddos have a 2 hour delay today, but I'm really hoping they decide to cancel school. Got about 5-6" of beautiful snow last night. Would be a great quilting day.

Trina
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158648.jpe   attachment-158649.jpe