Thread: Mock Binding
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 10:55 AM
lin

Originally Posted by Steve
My mom says they received the quilt and took it up to deliver it. Anya (the baby’s mother) and her mom visiting from the Ukraine were very pleased. My aunt and all couldn’t believe it was my first and gave me thumbs up. It turned out that unknown to me the baby’s room was greens and yellows. Cool

One other thing that choked me up totally (yeah, so what, I’m a wussy), they had a dinner party at my folks and afterwards Anya’s mom announced she wanted to make a speech (Anya interpreted the Russian). She said that what make America great wasn’t its wealth or power, but its strong sense of family. Yeah, I know for the most part we as Americans feel a bit like our families are dysfunctional at best, but that an outsider can look to us (Americans) with such admiration blew me away and really touched me. I guess that is why quilting is great as well; it adds to that same sense of family.

Learning to quilt then has then taught me another invaluable lesson: though not perfect, the love we stitch into what ever we do holds together and strengthens that bond. Family and friendship, love and quilting, is a winning combination in my book.
*Applause, applause*!!! That's wonderful Steve. Makes every stitch worth the time it took to make it. :)