Thread: fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 AM
rainagade

Me too. There are so many of this that fight this on a daily basis. I was diagnosed in 1993 after years of medical appointments, including having my head examined. At one time they thought fibro could be caused my a childhood trauma..... lol yes my parents spanked me!

I too have had severe reactions to drugs used to treat fibro. Two years ago I was also diagnosed with Trigenial neuralgia (my face feels/looks like I had dental work all the time). That anti siezure drug along with Lyica almost killed me. There is a long list of drugs I need to stay away from. I now have a fear of taking prescription drugs due to the reactions. I even have a reaction to iboprophen.

I am trying to manage the diagnoses with hot water baths twice a day, Vit D and D3, with Aleve, ice packs for the face, heat wraps for the body. How successful am I, In the summer I can manage. The cold winter months are very difficult. Traveling and sitting for any period of time is a no-no, along with anything to physical. Housekeeping is broken up in catagories. Too much scrubbing in one day puts me down.

This fall, doing the Shop Hop all day with girfriends had me in bed the next two days. Grandkids coming over cause a commotion in the house. The extra noise causes anxiety and migranes. I always wonder how I got to this point.

I do not leave the house for days at a time due to my facial and all over body pain, swelling and congnitive skills.

I am interested in hearing about some of these "vitamen therapy's" some of you are doing.