Thread: fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 09:21 AM
kclausing

NOTE FROM MY DAUGHTER:
I can't do detox cleanses and stuff because of the medications I am on which you cannot just stop taking, some detox's cause you to rapidly withdrawal from them. Antidepressant withdrawal is ten times worse than opiate withdrawal as is the withdrawal from my Nuerontin, which from its name you can tell is the one for my nervous system, and rapid detox from that can be dangerous even life threatening. The closest thing to a detox of any sort that I can do is drink the detoxify type teas and take in good amounts of antioxidants :) I would like to try that burdock infusion! Also please tell them thank you SO much for all of your help and that:

Gabapentin (brand name: Nuerontin) is what I take! And it's awesome! It's been helping a lot, although I may need to increase my dose again as I am in the middle of a 2 week flare up (*sigh*) but it's great and I didn't have the horrible side effects I had with Lyrica and Cymbalta. Cymbalta just really messed with my head, I think it had something to do with the antidepressant side of it because I had SEVERE problems with Lyrica. My mom can vouch for me. I was so confused and ditzy ALL the time! I would be driving and forget where I was going on a daily basis. Essentially it made my Fibrofog a million times worse, and even worse than that, I didn't realize it most of the time! I also take oxycodone (essentially that is Percocet without the acetaminophen, which 1) can cause problems with your kidneys, liver and stomach after prolonged use and 2) I have a sensitive stomach for it) I am currently at 5mg 4 times a day but I see my doctor tomorrow and am hoping he will increase it to 15 or 30 mg tablets 2 or 3 times a day. There has been research to say that the higher milligrams of oxycodone often work better because there is less 'filler'. If you take a 5mg and a 30mg pill side by side, they are pretty close to the same size! Not to mention my pain has been slowly increasing. My doctor told me that since I am so young I am pretty much at the beginning of the progression. Some doctors will tell you it is not a progressive disorder, I was once told, at least it won't get any worse for you, where you are now that we have diagnosed you is when it will stay... WOW was HE wrong!!! LOL! It is in fact a progressive disorder, and as most of you I am sure know all too well, we don't need the research to back it up even though it is there if we find the need!