Thread: fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 PM
tellabella

I have read this whole thread and I too have fibro...last year after a hysterectomy, symptoms of fatigue, exhaustion, etc got unbearable....went ot rheumotolgist...excluded the r. arthritits...fibro...is a condition of exclusion...have to exclude everything else...a lot of symptoms and conditions cross over into one another...first it was under active thyroid...also had hives...this is an auto immunity...low vitamin d, low iron...

sure I have had chronic fatigue for a long time... and insomnia

Recently my dr sent me for a sleep study and have been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea..this has not been mentioned here but the 2 are connected, some research shows a link between absence of REM, apnea, and muscles aches and pains..my osteopath concurs with this..since I have been sleeping with the CPAP machine my sore stiff muscles have gotten less painful...has to do with oxygen to the muscles and cells and release of cortisol when you don't sleep and when you have episodes of apnea during the night...lots of research on this...prime indicator of course of sleep apnea is snoring but not always the case...and there is also a link between menopause and sleep disorders...my biggest struggle right now is sleep...I can't sleep..right now I am falling asleep at the computer but if I nap I will be up until 5..if I don't I will still be up until 2 or later...hard to get up and go to work...around 10 pm I get this 'wired" feeling and sleep becomes impossible...does anyone else have this...