Thread: fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:09 PM
watterstide

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I sympathise with your DD. I have had fibro most of my adult life. I have gone through years with few symptoms and other times it was almost crippling.
Attitude is very important. Laughter is medicinal. Hot showers or baths and massages help. Having a supportive spouse makes a lot of difference. There is a lot of research going on now and hopefully they will come up with the answer.
I take Cymbalta. It's the only thing that has worked for me. I still have flare ups from time to time, but overall it works well for me.
Check out this site. I get the news letter with all the latest research and suggestions.

http://www.fmnetnews.com/

I hope she gets some help. The good news is it tends to wax and wane, so she will have better days. :cry:
Me too. almost all my adult life (1982). i take cymbalta and lexpro. occasionally i get a bad flair up and get a shot of tordol(sp?) you learn to adjust to the memory thing..i have dry erse board in the kitchen,nest to the door..i write everything on it. i hve a spare alarm clock i use for appointments.i set it for 2 hours before i am due there. i do the same thing on my cell phone ..
i NEVER cook or bake without a timer hooked to my shirt..NEVER. i have had 2 fires due to memory issues over the years.

i am not a clean freak anymore. i have husband that understands. he even does all the laundry. we both worked in a steel mill, i could not of managed without his help .

i see a shrink to help with the depression..