Old 01-12-2011, 02:10 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by AngieS
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...528698754.html

I thought this was interesting. I honestly didn't realize how hard these mothers are on their kids. It would explain how they do so well in academics.....if that's the case. I can't imagaine though. I barely have time to do all I do to add to standing over my kids like I am picturing.

Angie
In other words, they were never allowed to be "children". I think that is just pathetic. So what if they don't EXCEL! My DD struggled through high school working very hard for her grades; played flute in the school band after taking free lessons provided by the school. She went to college and worked very hard for every grade she got, graduated from an excellent college with a 3.98 in her major; ended up getting an accounting job, for which she just is finishing her last week. She is 47 years old and is about to retire after being bought out by the company. She was CFO (Chief Finanacial Officer) with hundreds of employees under her. The point is, she was allowed to have a very enjoyable childhood riding horses, having sleepovers and friends. She and my son-in-law have 2 homes, one being a 200 acre farm in the mountains, in addition to their near-million$ home here. I don't regret for a minute allowing her to grow up normally, or her brothers who are all successful too.