Thread: fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:31 PM
bjcombs2022

This is a great thread! Hopefully each of us will learn something we didn't know about fibro!

I've had it for years and here's what works for me! Cymbalta, thanks to a very smart Dr. in Michigan! It makes getting out of bed every morning so much easier. He also prescribed Ambien CR. 8 hours of sleep is essential and I wasn't getting it, couldn't stay asleep! I take a multiple vitamin, vitamin D, fish oil, magnisium, glucosamine w/condroitin and as I have sleep apnea, I sleep with a cpap machine. The weather changing and humidity cause lots of pain. I've found that warm soaks in the tub with epson salts (10 pounds for 5 something at Sam's), exercise and a low carbohydrate diet make a big exercise. I use the treadmill, in five minute increments, several times a day. I've found that Arnica Gel (it's an herb) from GNC, $1.49 a tube if you have a card, helps me get to sleep like nothing else! Don't buy the expensive stuff and order it online if your local GNC doesn't sell it. I was put on prednisone, low daily dose, last year and it helped but I became diabetic from it. After going off of it and watching my diet with the above exercise, my blood sugar is right back where it has always been. Avoiding cold drafts (cold breezes), staying warm, taking a nap when I know I need it, also help!

Hopefully, someone will come up with something that works for all of us some day, something that won't have tons of side effects!

Oh, yeah! And stress! Get rid of it!