Thread: fibromyalgia
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Sandee

Have had it since at least 1995. Tryed Cybalta, Elivil, Savella, & all the rest in this catagory. No luck with any of them.Many side effects with all of them. I now take Neurontin and Ultraset. Sometimes it helps & sometimes not. I also have Lidoderm5% patches to use. These only help some for close to the surface pain. Best treatment I've had is MOIST heat including hot water bath, stretching, & the best help was /is deep tissue massage. This will make you feel like someone beat you up the first few times, & if it doesn't, you're not getting what you paid for. After the 1st few times. you'll feel alot better! The trouble with this is that most ins. restrict how much P.T. one can have in a yr's time. A very good large home hand held massager that someone or yourself can use is helpful, also. Almost forgot. Another helpful med is Flexeril. It is a muscle relaxor you take at night. Take it about 3 hrs before bed so that it wears off by morning. Moist Heat, massage, & some stretching is about the best anyone's gonna get for treatment. (Former Physical Therary Asst). Been the one to treat & the one getting treated :?