Old 11-21-2008, 08:38 AM
Belles.hold

Isn't it wonderful that there are so many different sewing machines to appeal to so many different quilters? In her message, brmovingon decried the fact that she purchased a machine with embroidery and I am thrilled that my quilting machine also embroiders...and so is my granddaughter. I have embroidered butterflies, flowers, darling puppies and kittens on her sweatshirts, jackets, pants leg and quilts. Also, now that she is older, I've embroidered female ice skaters, soccer, baseball, volleyball and basketball players for both her and her team mates, changing the hair and skin color as necessary.
I guess different opinions is what makes the world go round...and allows makers of sewing machines to produce so many different models.
But the embroidery feature has been quiet for a few weeks while I finish three quilted Frank Lloyd Wright Art Glass Window wall hangings. It takes time and concentration to sew fabric that is cut 3/4-inch wide, with the largest piece 1-1/4 inch wide. I'm very happy to be quilting my last wall hanging and it will be quite a while before I create another FLW.