View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
hildie

I have the same machine!!!!! Also made in 1908- was wondering what they called the design- thank you- now I know it is the Lotus decal- I taught myself to sew using that machine- my mom bought it from someone in the sixties- she has passed away so I will never know where she got it from- I think maybe from a newspaper ad- my mom bought it to sew thru heavy materials like leather and vinyl- I'm not even sure how I ended up with it other than I really liked the machine- my cabinet is not as fancy as yours- I used that machine for quite a while- I just recently posted about my old Singers- I have a 201 with a cabinet that my dad got at a rummage for $2 and a 201-1 that my mother also purchased used that she used for her alteration business. I had considered giving away the 201's but realized what I had after reading the message boards. Thank goodness for you people out there. I just pulled the treadle out 2 days ago to check on the serial numbers along with the 201's. Haven't used it in years but I may have to do a little sewing with it real soon.