View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 01:19 PM
laparshall

For some reason, I have to print everything I see that I like, then I put them into a pile on my diningroom table ("in box") Then when I get tired of looking at the pile, I go through it and say oh yeah I really like that pattern, and then it goes on the steps for the next time I go upstairs to my sewing room, then I take it up there and I place it on one of about 1/2 dozen piles, and think, maybe I will spend some time organizing all of these piles of patterns I have printed. Then I sort them into one of 3 stationery boxes: QUILT BLOCKS, TIPS/TECHNIQUES, and SEWING/CRAFTS. That's as far as I've gotten. I then decide that I have had enough for one day, and turn on my sewing machine and put them out of my mind. I never even felt guilt about all of the piles of paper until I joined FlyLady last year.

The patterns I have made, am currently working on, or that I am collecting fabric for are in sheet protectors and will go into a 3 ring binder one day. Along with the journal pages I have typed for each of the quilts that I have made. Oh yeah, these are also in one of my piles. I always have these very elaborate organizational ideas, but the truth is, I'd rather be sewing.
Linda