View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 06:25 AM
raptureready

Do a Search and type in Tea Bag Wallet there's a wonderful tute on it. They're easy and fun to make and ladies seem to love them. Just be sure and put the tea bags in BEFORE marking where to sew on the button.

I've also had some pretty good success with the hourglass or four patch sew and flip coasters. Cut your fabric anywhere from 4 1/2" to 5 1/2", three of one fabric, two of a coordinating fabric for each coaster. Fold two of each in half either to make a triangle (for the hourglass) or a rectangle for the 4 patch. Also cut a thin batting the same size for each coaster. lay your batting down and one piece of fabric unfolded face up on top of the batting. Then lay down on of your folded pieces, raw edges out. Put a coordinating color on the next corner half on, half off the folded piece you just put on, raw edges out. Do this until the top is covered. When you put the last folded piece on, lift the bottom of the first folded piece and tuck half the last piece under it. You should now have something that looks like an hourglass block or a 4patch. Sew 1/4" all the way around the outer edge, trim the corners and then flip the folded edges to the batting side. The tighter you can get the center when putting it together the tighter it will be in front when you flip them. I usually tie 4 to 6 of these together with a frayed piece of fabric(if I've used country fabrics) or ribbon for batiks. You can also, if you choose, do a row of "quilting" around the inside edge after you flip them, or even sew the inside folded edges down.

Decorative tea light holders, silicone cup cake cups, etc. make beautiful pin cushions. Hot glue will not work on silicone but your local Micheals or similar store should have a glue that will work. I get the tea light holders at garage sales and thrift stores.

here's a picture of some of my pincushions. Just cut a circle of fabric, sew around the edge, stuff with batting or fiber fill and pull your stuffed yo yo shut, then glue it in
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159345[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159340.jpe