View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Boo

Okay, I must have missed something in my lessons with Leslie. What do I need string for?

You have already got some great hints for buying fabric that you love, and I agree. Never buy less that 4-5 yards of a fabric you absolutely love. There is no greater dissapointment, than not to have enough fabric when that perfect pattern or idea comes around.

Most of us have UFO's, WIP's, and PIGS. A UFO (UnFinished Object) can remain such for years. There is no expiration date on fabric. A WIP (Work in Progress) can become a UFO or not. PIGS on the other hand are Projects in Grocery Sacks that have not been started and may infact become something else as time goes on. Some ideas just need time to ferment. I have more PIGS than anything else. Quality quilt fabric is only available for a limited time, so I buy what I love and can afford with a certain project in mind or not. A few years from now, it may decide to be something completely different.

As I am sure you have learned by now, Steve, we are not big on rules. Relax, enjoy the process and be prepared to have more fabric, patterns and quilt books than you have life expectancy. In a few years, you may want to concider adding an addendum to your will. :lol: