View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Terryl

My first quilt was a "Red Hat" applique. I saw a display in a store that was giving the class so I decided I wanted to do it, as it was a beautiful quilt. So here I go to class with my brand new machine and my newly purchased fabrics, I didn't even know how to thread my machine as I had never sewn a stitch of any kind in my entire life!! Thank goodness I had a wonderful teacher her patience made all the difference. I took my blocks home and worked on them on my own and when I went back to the next class I had most of my blocks appliqued, though I was struggling with my red velvet gloves (fabric stretched a lot). I even FMQ'd this quilt and proudly gave it to my mother as a gift. I went to visit her recently and was looking at the quilt hanging on her wall and it's not too bad after all :) :) Of course I'm much improved now but you may find after finishing your 1st quilt and doing a few more, that this one isn't so bad after all. I sincerly think that it's best to "jump in with both feet" if we're going to do something. Now you won't be intimidated by any other projects, kuddos to you for beginning with a king sized 1st quilt.