View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 AM
jdiane318

Originally Posted by pastormarilyn
Hey everyone, I really need some help here. I am in the process of purchasing an embroidery sewing machine. I want to know which ones you have and what do you like best about it. I have a Janome 6600, but don't know if I really want to purchase the Janome 350E machine. Want to check out something else. Please help and thanks
I have both machines. Have had the 6600 for 3 years, the 350E for a little over a year. I love them both. The 350E is user friendly, and does a great job. You can sew and let the 350E do its own thing. I mainly make quilt blocks, tea towels, quilt labels, potholders and personalize items for special friends. I was able to donate my services to a local children's group and embroider 11 aprons for a major fundraiser. I did purchase a separate hard drive to plug into the machine and it plays the cd's with additional patterns. Most LQS carry the Dakota brand cd patterns. There are several on sale each month for $19.95, great way to build your pattern stash. There are lots of places on-line and ebay where you can purchase more fonts. I had purchased a brother combo and knew within a week that I; 1. Didn't like the combo and 2. I wanted a machine that would do more.