Old 01-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Lori L

I've always wanted to make a bargello wallhanging and chose a pattern Infinity from "Twist and Turn Bargello Quilts" by Eileen Wright. The pattern looks like a ribbon/loop. It calls for 20 fabrics in one color family with the lightest 10 colors for the inside of the loop and the darker 10 make up the outside of the ribbon/loop. The picture in the book was made up of reds agaisnt a black background. Because I am new to this, I decided to use a color I had the most of in my stash.....blue. My question is this......what color would you use for your background??? My dark end of the blues I chose would get lost agaisnt a black background but if I go with a light color background, the whole project changes. Does anyone have any suggestions before I hit the fabric shop this weekend??? The moment the question came to my mind, I knew this was the place to ask for help :) I always learn "sew" much from all the experienced quilters who gather here. Thank you :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159694.jpe   attachment-159695.jpe   attachment-159696.jpe