View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:41 AM
PJisChaos

I managed to get 2 quilts done this week. Yay! The first one was made for a friend of mine, that loves green, and I just happened to have a layer cake laying around that needed something done with it. ;)
The 2nd one(oops, have no pics yet) was a quilt-in-a-day kit from the local Wal-Mart I got on clearance for $4. It's for my grandson who is totally obsessed with "vroom vrooms". (He's almost 2)

I also have a few questions, since ya'll are looking.
I seen a post about a "BQ2" quilt. Erhmm, what is a BQ2?
Also, I am a bit perplexed about another quilt I have had in progress for almost a year now. It's my DHs Harry Potter quilt and is PP 5 1/2" blocks... well I added a 1 1/2" ah, 'border' if ya will, around each block to make them all 7 1/2"sq. I am now stuck as to whether I should attempt the QAYG method for each block or adding a 1/4" sashing between them and just quilt it as one big quilt..? What would you do if it was you? Need ideas. For sashing, was thinking of maybe the gold the letters are made with or something bright to tie it all together.. somehow. Idk, lost and it hasn't spoke to me lately so... help, please. LoL

Mel's green quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159838[/ATTACH]

Close-up of some of the different quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159839[/ATTACH]

The one that's no longer speaking to me! LoL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159840[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159833.jpe   attachment-159834.jpe   attachment-159835.jpe