View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 09:58 AM
karenm36

Well, give a newbie a little experience and some confidence and then...oops, I'm over my head!

Went to the LQS to search through the sale room and found this soft teal multi print that I absolutely loved! Well, had to find something to go with it...and ended up with three additional fabrics that suddenly I thought would make a great lap quilt for my best friend.

Asked the salesperson how much to get since I had no pattern yet and we decided on 1.5 yards of the red, teal multi and 2 yards of the creamy floral. The other berry multi fabric I could only get in 2 fat quarters.

So I went home thinking now how hard can this be? Well, the teal multi that I like is more difficult than I realized because it's so directional. And I need a pattern that utilizes less of the berry multi colored because I have the least amount of it. The few things that I've drawn out just don't seem to work...

I would really appreciate any ideas as to what type of pattern, block, etc. might work with what I have. I realize now that I better decide quickly what I'm going to do because IF I need more fabric I've got to go get it before it sells out!

Next time, this Newbie is sticking to a pattern a head of time and going in with a plan! :lol: Thanks for your help!

The colors look so much better in person and really go well together though this pic doesn't seem to do them justice
[ATTACH=CONFIG]159930[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-159925.jpe