View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

I think one reason why I have been putting off finishing my Slipknot t-shirt quilt is because I want to work on something new. I made it my New Year's resolution to finish the ones I have had in mind for the last couple of years. They were both inspired by the video game Legend of Zelda---one is a replica of the sea map you use in the game and the other is a series of wall hangings based off the stained glass windows in the room where you get the Master Sword.

There's not any good pictures of what I need to make a pattern from so I bought this video capture card that I can plug the Game Cube's video cords into, the image of the game play will come up on my computer screen, and then I can make a video and use Print Screen to make screen shots of what I want so I can make patterns. The problem with that is I would have to start a new game and play through that until I completed the map and got to the room with the sword. So like a good 50-75% of the game. So I've been putting that off because I don't want to sit down and try and play through the game.

I finally get myself to set up the Game Cube and start the game. I go to start a new game...I can't. Why? The three save files the game gives you were full. Turns out I did have saved games afterall. I thought I didn't. I go on one of the files and find most of the sea map is completed and I have the Master Sword and its fully powered so I have access to the room with the windows (it gets sealed off until you complete the sword). Basically I've been sitting on this for two weeks thinking I needed to sit down for 12 hours total before I could start making patterns and I've had the means to do so from the start.

So I guess I can start getting screenshots and show better pictures of what I want to make.