View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Marvlin

I agree with you Margie. Quilts are used for many things in my home. I have three bedrooms that use quilts (large ones) for bed spreads, in rooms filled with antique furniture. I use dust ruffles and try to pick up a color or two in the drapes in the quilts. The two quilts I use in my bedroom are used differently. One is my warm cover to snuggle under the other one I lay across the bottom of my bed and it matches the colors used throughout the room. I have about six lap quilts in my den which get a lot of use by my family. None of these little quilts match anything, they are just colorful and fun tops from every pattern you can think of. My family has actually asked me before where "their" quilt was, meaning one they had used before and wanted again. I have a home full of antiques and loved collecting them with my husband and know it is sometimes hard to decorate with this furniture. I have however, made my home livable and warm because I did not want a museum. I use colors that please me and make me feel good. My home is my castle and I want my family and guests to feel "at home" when they are here. So, use your quilts, toppers or what ever you like that makes you happy and trade the SIL for some more material.