View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
PWinston

If you want to use the "boards" for folding fabric you could purchase the premade (ie. more expensive) boards called "Fabric Organizer". You can find it if you google that term. Or, you can make your own boards.

You make them from Coroplast which is the signboard that you see in yards during elections. It looks like corogated cardboard but is plastic. Just go to a local sign shop and ask them for it. I found them locally and they were $1.59 for a 18" x 24" piece. I cut each of those into (4) 9" x 12" pieces and wrap my fabric (over 1 yard) onto it. I cut them using a long ruler and a large rotary cutter (with an old blade). You could cut smaller pieces for smaller fabric but I haven't decided yet how I will store smaller pieces so don't have any recommendations on that.

There are several other posts on this site about fabric storage - - that is where I got my information. Go to the search on this site and search for fabric storage, fabric folding, etc.

Good luck with your stash. Wish I had started out with a better organization system rather than now trying to convert everything over.