View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Elizabeth A.

Thanks Loretta, it's been a long time comming. I had to put it completely away for nearly a month because I was so mad over it. I tried to make it for her birthday at the beginning of this month but I reinjured a rib that I'd broken in my accident 8 years ago and couldn't move to baste the quilt let alone quilt it. So she got the little pillow instead.

The story behind the quilt is that when my mom saw the finished baby clothes quilt top (the quilt in my avatar) she spread her hands out over the star in the photograph with the pillow and said, "I want one of these". I'm certain she has no idea why she got a pillow for her birthday. I think it will look wonderful on her bed ontop of the quilt, all inspired from that day.

The original star was made from a pair of faux velvet pants with little ruffles and the white from a little one piece romper. I didn't have enough material to remake it the same, so the new pillow star is the red from her first Christmas dress, and the white from her newborn oneies that her daddy bought.

My first machine sewn buttonholes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23380[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23380.jpe   attachment-34261.jpe