View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
MCH

I haven't read all the posts on this; if I'm echoing someone else, well... :D

When folks get into the "go with / match / blend" mode of decorating, I sense they've been watching too much HGTV and Martha Stewart, reading Architecture Digest, and need some confidence.

Most folks "live" in their homes and "life" isn't always neat, tidy, co-ordinated, and matched.

Whenever I've heard folks note what colors "go" and "don't go" together,and couches, lamps, carpets, etc. should (???) co-ordinate, I just have to ask them, "Tell me about your favorite garden and if all the colors and plants in that match or are co-ordinated."

Yes, if it's a very formal garden "stuff matches"... but a red rose against the green leaves, per some folks, doesn't go together and is "jarring". Oh, really?

At the risk of reduncdancy, you live in your home. Your quilts are a part of you. Enjoy your home. Enjoy yourself. Let others worry about matiching and co-ordinating.

I promise you that in 20 years no one will remember that couch, loveseat, accessories, and paint that was co-ordinate. In twenty years, if they're lucky, they will remeber that gorgeous and quirky quilt that took its place proudly among the decorator's delight. :thumbup: