View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 02:58 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Up North
Any one have one? He is very ill he is about 8 inches long and for the last 3 days has laid on his side in the bottom of the tank he is not eating, He is still alive and tries to swim and the other fish are trying to make him get up. Any ideas I think he is dying.
How old is he? I had a Tiger Oscar that got to be 12" long; he had hole in the head disease 4 times, each time medicating him and it getting better. Then back in October he finally died, I had him for 5 years. He looked like he was rotting from the outside in. It took him a week to finally die. It is very sad when you have them for a long time. We called him "Howard Huge". The gkids loved him and played games with him. Yes, they truly did. One would go to the end of the tank and put her face up to the tank and he would streak across the tank and attack her. Then they would go to the other end and repeat this, over and over. Sometimes you can medicate the water if you know what he has, but it sounds like it is a little late for that. I am so sorry for you. I love my fish too.