View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 03:43 PM
QuicklyQuilting

Originally Posted by Marvlin
I've worked hard all my life. I retired fifteen years ago and thought now was the time for me. My husband passed away and then I was by my self. I went back to work full time and worked for seven more years. I did finally fully retire two years ago and have been sewing ever since. I worked hard and have a very good retirement coming in and I don't feel overwhelmed or alarmed when I go and indulge in more fabric. I do however clean out the fabric, love laying it all out and re-orginizing, but I have found homes for all my give away fabrics right here on this forum. I comfort my self by telling "self" that when I give fabric to someone who needs it, I am helping someone out with their shopping.......I will find any excuse to go buy fabric but in all honesty I use 90% of all fabrics I buy. Sometimes fabrics have to wait until they catch my eye, with a pattern in mind and then I go to work. Fabric collecting is an addiction but artists do the same thing with paints when they have a blank canvas just waiting for something to happen. Quilting gives me something to do, helps me feel good about my self, gives me an outlet for creating something beautiful and I never tire of it.
You are my hero!