Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
JudyG

Originally Posted by Chigger Holler Quilter
Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Originally Posted by JudyG
I just got back from the post office. I had purchased 6x9 manila envelopes without the clasp thinking I would get by with .61 postage. They said that since they were "lumpy" (the seams), I had to pay extra for hand canceling because they wouldn't go through the machines. I thought it interesting that they didn't mark them to be "hand canceled."
You guys are scaring me. I have been mailing my completed blocks in legal envelopes with one reg stamp. None have come back and I know a least one has made it to where it was suppose to go but now I am afraid to keep doing that. If anyone gets a block from me with postage due, please let me know and I will send you a stamp or something.
I sent a completed block out today in the legal size envelope. My postmistress said it was just fine! and with regular stamp...:) Hope it makes it home okay!
I think it depends on the person at the post office. I didn't have any stamps so took them in to see what they would cost. Should have just bought stamps and put them on. Bet they wouldn't have come back.