Old 01-14-2011, 08:01 PM
seweasy

Hi! I've gone through Getting Started book about a year ago but because of family problems I didn't do alot with what I had learned so I forgot most of it. I did find on a used book site a copy of EQ5 Simplified for eight dollars. Wonder if that would help?
I was hoping someone who is proficient in V5 might give us some tips. I know when I first starting with the manual, it seemed overwhelming but I tried to do one page at a time, not looking to far ahead to get confused seemed to help.
I'd like to learn enough that I could use EQ to plan out a quilt with the blocks and get some idea what the quilt would look like. Not interested in adding fabrics, not sure I could find what I had selected.
I'm thinking I'm going to stick with V5 for a while, and going to look into Block Base because it has so many blocks in its directory and maybe Town and Country Patchwork.
Please keep posting and hopes someone might come over and help us. I think it might be fun to try to help each other, and encourage each other. Take care, Chris