View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 PM
candlequilter
Banned

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Kitsapquilts' daughter also left behind an 8 year old son. I would like to start a board wide quilt opportunity to send a little love their way.

I am asking for 4.5" squares. One in a pastel color, the other in a bright color. Each square needs to be signed with the giver's screen name and their first name. The pastels will be for Kitsapquilts, the brights for the grandson. Candlequilter is going to sandwich and quilt the two quilts together. For the label, I will find a short poem appropriate for a mother/daughter, and for a mother/son. I'll find someone to embroider this onto a piece of fabric for a label.

If you would like to include cards or messages for this family, I'll be happy to collect them and send them along in the box. A quilt from the board is just like a hug from the world...I know, I am blessed with one.

I will start collecting immediately, but probably won't put the quilts together until after Feb. 15th. Give or take a few days.

I'll be happy to send my address to all who need it. Extra squares will be welcome and used. My goal size is 50 x 60.

If you have an embroidery machine, or would like to do it by hand, I think some squares with a single pink rose or rosebud would be wonderful sprinkled throughout the quilt.

Thank you so much for helping me do this for this family. You will all be blessed in the process. Gwyn
Gwyn,

If you want some pink roses embroidered on the quilt after it is pieced I can do that before I start to quilt it.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter