Thread: What can I say?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2011, 10:53 PM
lalaland

Originally Posted by PWinston
Oh, my. They are all adorable and look well behaved and well loved. They are lucky to have found you.

One of our two was a rescue dog. She is now 16 years old blind, deaf and becoming senile but otherwise healthy. She was initially very leary of men and brooms so must have been beaten with a broom. She has always liked my husband but we really had to watch her around other men. Both of our dogs are loveable and loved. However, when they are gone, I've said no more. You are tied down with them more so than with a child. Most hotels will take children, few will take dogs. Because of the age of Sassy (16) we no longer feel comfortable leaving her in a kennel so have to limit our trips.

I hear ya! Our one remaining dog is 18, she's in pretty good shape for an old gal, not on any meds, but she is old and we will not leave her in a kennel or with someone else. When we visit our son, we go separately so one of us is with the dog at home (we have to fly, our son lives too far away to drive). I can't imagine life without her but when she's gone, that's it for us as well.