Old 01-15-2011, 09:43 AM
LucyInTheSky

This is my newest UFO to get put together! It's using the Farmers Market line and the pattern "Jungle Fever" that my LQS created. Since it's their (copyrighted) pattern, I can't share it.

I have the center put together (picture 1) and trying to figure out how to border. When I was making the blocks, because of how they're constructed, I had enough little triangles to make the little pin wheels in the 2nd picture. I have them sewn in pairs, but not all together, so first question is - pin wheels or the opposite to pinwheels one?

I want to make sure the pinwheel pieces get in this quilt since I don't need 30 of these little guys lying around. My first thought was to do an inner border of a solidy color, then a border with the pinwheels, spacing them out evenly with the solidy color in between, and then another border with the same solidy color (example of a diff quilt I did this with in the 3rd picture). I'm thinking white on white...?? And if I do that, should the 1st and 3rd border will skinnier than the pinwheel one, or (roughly) the same size?

I had bought the Farmers Market piece with all the veggies (4th picture), thinking it might work. DH thinks it might be too busy.

So... how would you finish it??

Quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160687[/ATTACH]

Little blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160688[/ATTACH]

Possible border fabric that most likely will be too busy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160689[/ATTACH]

Border I'm thinking of (from a previous quilt)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160690[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160682.jpe   attachment-160683.jpe   attachment-160684.jpe   attachment-160685.jpe