Old 01-15-2011, 10:36 AM
UglyCook

Originally Posted by seweasy
Hi! Suzanne, I know what you mean. I really don't care anything about using the fabric libraries because I wonder if I could ever found the fabrics they show. And I don't want to go shopping for fabrics with some preconceived idea of what I want and then can't find it. That would like trying to plan a quilt at the fabric store. I rather go with some idea of what color I want then go from there.
If there is anyone who has been using the program for a while, I have a question. I'm trying to learn how I can add my own fabric stash pictures to the User Library. I don't know how to change a .jpg picture to .bmp that EQ requires. I tried using my embroidery software that does change the formats but it resized the picture to fit the embroidery hoop. That probably was about 1/32th the size of the fabric panel I was wanting to add to the block I was working on and didn't help at all. Does anyone know how I can change the format .jpg to bmp? Thanks, Chris
Chris,
I am finding that when I want to use a fabric I already have, I can go to the manufacturers website and MOST of them have pictures you can easily download and import into EQ.

As for converting to .bmp, if you google "how to convert from .jpg to .bmp" you will find some really easy programs like coolutils.com. You want to be careful, of course to not get into a bad program with malware, but that one worked fine for me.

To insert my embroidery designs, I use Embird and I can save them as a picture file that is unrelated to hoop size but I have to resize them in EQ to make it work. I don't know if that has changed between the versions but it's easy to do on EQ6.

Julie