Thread: Fabric Question
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Berta48

Originally Posted by lalaland
You don't need a lot of fabric to do a nice quilt. With 3 fabrics you could do a 4 patch using 2 fabrics, then surround the patch with a solid color, then use one of the colors in the 4 patch for your border.

Or you can use 3 fabrics if you find a really interesting panel, and use 1 fabric for the center and 2 different fabrics for borders.

Or you can use 2 fabrics if you have an assortment of panels you can combine in a quilt.

If you have a lot of scraps, you cut squares and/or rectangles and sew them all together for a beautiful, interesting, combo of colors quilt.

I like to find panels in the remnant bins and cut them up and incorporate them into quilts but if you aren't a "panel gal", then imagine fabric in place of the panels in the examples below.

Hope this helps.
I never thought to cut the panels up/Those are great.

I have a lot of fabric and I am not very good at co ordinating them. I hate to cut them up and not have the quilt look right.

Also I have some charm packs and honeybuns and jelly rolls but only one of each.Now that I have the AccuQuilt Go I don't purchase them anymore. Sometimes it is a delima LOL