View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Ramona Byrd

The town we're moving to is pretty small so I'm sure all the realtors are familiar with good and bad neighborhoods.
---------------------
I hate to tell you this, but the realtors are in this for money and nothing else. Unless the realtor is your brother/sister, he/she is not working for YOU, but themselves and themselves only.
And by state law there are a few things they must tell the prospective buyer, but I don't know what your state says. I'd suggest that you go online and find out what they must and what they do not have to tell you. Mold, murders, drugs, I don't know what they must tell you but it's in your own best interests to find out BEFORE signing on the dotted line.

And is it in a flood plane..is it in a spot that will or might have wild fires one day? Lots of things you have to find out first.

All this stuff I've heard from friends complaining bitterly of their own stupidity at not finding out what they should. One of them simply packed up last month and walked out of their house, let it go into foreclosure it was in that bad a condition when they bought it and can't do anything legally since it showed up past the date they could.