Old 11-24-2008, 04:38 PM
AtHomeSewing

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
Great room! Sunny too! I love your ruler idea...are they in plastic pockets?
Hi,

No pockets, they hang freely. We made it from a double-sided melamine panel, 24 inches wide, purchased from the lumber yard. That is sort of like white pegboard, but without the holes in it.

To make it, first I laid it flat on my cutting table, arranged my rulers for spacing and marked it. Holes were drilled through, and small nuts and bolts added to hang the rulers on. Two over-the-door brackets were atttached to the back of it. Thick felt protectors were glued at the corners on the back to protect the door when it was hung. It was then placed over the door and two very thin finishing nails, or brads, were placed (by air gun) in the very bottom of the melamine and through to the door for stability. I cringed to nail it, but they are very thin and small, and on the door's inside at the bottom, and they will be easy to fill if I ever take this down. Rulers were hung, and it works perfectly. There is no problem at all opening or closing the door and very little movement of the rulers. I am very happy with it.