View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 03:41 PM
KarylMc

Congratulations!
I got my Ruby in October...SO much to learn! I love love love her! You will love quilting on her (in the hoop!) It is so pretty! I also made some embroidered Christmas gifts this year..they really looked nice!

I have not gotten the 5D Software yet (like the Ruby owner above, will probably get the Extra rather than Pro...)

What are you going to spend your Viking Bucks on? :-)

If you need suggestions, here are a few things I have gotten that are now indispensible... GET the acrylic extension table! They were on back order and mine just came in last week. What a difference in piecing and quilting. So much easier. Also, a walking foot. ("Dual Feed") I got the extra foot with the Stitch in the Ditch guide too. (although my ditches are more like witches!)
HV has some lovely quilt block stitch designs that you can purchase in packs. I got 2 of them and have used stitch designs from both packs.
hmmm...$550 Viking Bucks? after all the above, you still have $ left!
How about a Quilter's 200x200 hoop? My dealer gave me one when I bought Ruby and it is the only one I have used for quilting. Also comes with some very pretty quilt block stitch designs.

I think I spent all your Viking money.... oops sorry!

Enjoy your Ruby! Mine is my new best friend. I think my husband is jealous! ;-}