Old 01-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Grandmother23

I just got a 99K in my house today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Given to me. I am so excited! It is it's original "bed". I am so tickled. Its birthday is ca November 23, 1955. It is only, give or take, 1 year older than me. Turning the wheel, it runs very smooth, we didn't plug it in because it has one frayed wire that we could see. I can't wait to get some electrical tape to put over the frayed wire just to see how it sounds when it is plugged in. My adjustable chair works just great with it. My arms are just the right angle and hopefully will not make my shoulders ache. It has a bobbin in it with thread!!!! It is missing the thing-a-ma-jiggy that holds the thread, but that is OK. I am just so thrilled to have the machine, I could split my pants!!. Can you tell I am happy? I have thought over the years (before I even dreamed of a sewing machine) about my Grandmothers Trendle and will explore the option of maybe turning this into a Trendle, if it is possible. I can not wait to explore the possibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy. Photos later.