View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Alondra

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I'm wondering, is it 'proper' to add quilts to your home that don't necessarily 'go' with your color scheme? I'm not talkin' total chaos, but a table runner or coasters and such. Is there some sort of rule that I should be following that I should maybe add at least a color that matches?

I'm curious (and a bit paranoid),
Trna
Never mind what anyone says. Is your house red and green? Well, you probably use red and green for Christmas, don't you, with no dire consequences... like nobody's eyes popped out of their heads, and nobody screamed "help!". Same with orange and black for Halloween, and spring colors for springtime and red and white for Valentine's Day. It surely doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities to have an area of one's home decorated in traditional seasonal colors, for goodness' sake! Don't let her intimidate you... if you like your new piece, ENJOY IT and love it! BTW... if you don't like it, you can send it to me. <G>
P.S. Is your SIL an officially certified Quilt Police, or something? If not, she'd better be careful, or she could be cited for criticizing without a license. :lol: