View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 06:11 PM
kwendt

Originally Posted by rivka
Friendliness to younger people, or those that you might not expect to be quilters! I hate walking into a quilt store, and being stared at by the older women like I'm some kind of freak.
Amen to that. Just 'cause I'm a bohemian, green, recycler type person, doesn't mean I can't quilt! lol oh... I bet the guys on this thread really relate to that as well. There's one local quilt shoppe to me that seems to only get to know you if you purchase a machine from them. Well, I cannot afford a $8,000 Bernini, nor can I afford $14/yard fabrics all the time. To be fair to them though, they do a lot of charity support/drives, and I like that. If I hear about a sale, where proceeds go to a local charity - I tend to show up. But other than that... no. Pity, they're quite close to me. The place I like to go to is over 30 minutes from my house.

The BEST place I like to go, is in another STATE and I go there when ever I can. They haven't forgotton me, and always have a broad smile and family chit chat when I show up. I feel like part of their family!