View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 06:47 PM
JJs
Banned

I realize that there is theft everywhere - even a quilt shop - but don't treat every customer that walks in the door as a criminal... I had one clerk shadow me the whole time I was in the store - I looked up from looking at templates on a rack and her face was only inches from mine! (granted that store had had thefts - whole bolts! but I wasn't the one that did it)

FRIENDLY staff - don't be asking in a snotty tone "what are you going to use THIS for?", or "have you sewn up all that fabric you bought last time?", or the staff that just stares at you - you know, *I* am the one walking into the store with $$ to spend - *I* am NOT the one working behind the counter - so don't be snooty!!

I love going in a quilt shop with friendly FUN people - who have no problem with you going into the mark-down section...
We went into "Wish Upon a Quilt" in Raleigh North Carolina and that place was GREAT - even tho it was the one and only time I was in the place, everyone was friendly, no problems with me going bananas in the markdown room (LOL), helped me look for other stuff, totally understood my need for some wild stuff.... you get the idea...

One time I may spend a lot, the next time nothing or very little - it depends on what's on the markdown, what I just HAVE to have, etc....

After you've been open awhile make sure you acknowledge the customers who come back .... don't act like it's somebody you've never laid eyes on - we quit going to one of the local pharmacies here in this small town because everytime we went in there they acted like we were a menace to society or something - in stark contrast to another pharmacy where the folks are just plain FRIENDLY - and guess which gets our business..