View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 07:09 PM
TanyaLynn

I love to see samples that are not traditional quilts made with blocks or with traditional fabrics. Looking at the unusual makes me feel much more creative, and even if I end up making blocks I feel that I choose my fabric better by having seen the unusual. Unless the usual is representing a kit that is being pushed or a block that is being taught then I think that unusual samples, especially whole quilts make the LQS much more interesting. And clerks that understand the unusual seem to know more, relate to people better and offer more helpful hints. I especially like it when the clerk offers to show me new templates, notions, etc that have come in. That's like offering candy to a child. A good LQS is really a toy shop for me. And like most people, I don't think of myself and my quilting as usual (maybe not even normal) and I definitely want to be noticed, chatted with, offered a coke (even at my own expense) a chair to sit in to rest up so I can shop longer - it's a social occasion when it's at its best! And at it's best the store makes a good profit from me.