Old 01-15-2011, 09:32 PM
fabric whisperer

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Which Husqvarna embroidery machine do you have?
I have the Designer I ESS bought in 2002 just before the USB was introduced (mine is floppy driven) ~ but that's ok, I've left it floppy drive because I heard horror stories about the USB version being really really slow. And I still have an older laptop that runs my software (have full design package).

Works for me, would love to have a Diamond, I could design some really kickin' stuff with that size design field, but its not in the cards with that price. My D1 is still pluggin' along, and I do a lot with it. Have the Sapphire 850 also for larger throat to FMQ (10" throat like the 875 / Diamond). Don't think I can go back to the baseline machines, except for the new treadle we just got (1906 Model 27 ~ got my belt just have to get her cleaned up and oiled and I think she's ready to sew)

(BTW I do have a Singer Futura 150 that does embroidery for when my D1 is in for service ~ it gets the job done, but is soooo slow and frustrating to work with)