Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 PM
quiltjoey

I am presently using Sulky 30 wt 100 % cotton quilting thread. It's large spools and I have 10 different colors and some multicolored. I use it top and bottom for piecing. It is a little more expensive but I like it. I have been making my first quilt, (over the past year) and have 4 blocks left to finish piecing the top. I'm new at all the threads and have also ordered a good bit (about $200) of different threads from Fil-tec. I have used some of it on other smaller projects and like it very much. Also ordered from Fil-tec prewound L bobbins and like them very much. I have a Husqvarna Viking and was told only to use Suky but my machine doesn't seem to mind the Fil-tec threads. There is more lint with Sulky than Fil-tec. I keep my machine very clean while sewing. I use some of the other brand threads in my Singer and Janome. When I used to sew clothes, I was told never to use Serger thread in any of my sewing machines, only use it in the Serger. Haven't got to putting a bed sized quilt together but hope to as soon as I finish the top which will be king size. I am overwhelmed by the size and am wondering if I will be able to quilt it. I don't have a LA but do have a quilting frame and may try to use it.