View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

After reading through all of these, I have to say that our LQS is great.
They do have night classes and all different levels of classes.
We used to have an open sewing night once a month. It was wonderful. It did cost $5, but there were always snacks and pop/bottled water. Then it changed to $20 a month and they have food brought in for dinner. This made it impossible for me to go anymore because I just can't afford it.
Right before Christmas they had a Friday night and a Saturday where they did demos of different techniques and new notions available. Some women brought their husbands and then they could come back and shop for their wives. Most of the clerks get to know your tastes and when husbands/wives come into shop they can easily help them with choices. If anyone wanted to shop for me they would know not to sell drab, dark colors to give as a gift for me.
Men are always welcome, as a matter of fact both husband an wife work at different times in the store. All except one clerk welcomes me by name.
The hours do make it difficult to shop if you work full time. They close at 6:00 and are closed on Sundays. I do understand though because they have young children which makes it difficult to be open late. Sundays are out of the question because in this area it is all day Church and family time. During the classes that are offered I do believe that they would be happy to let people shop. All you would have to do is ask.
The punch cards were a pain in the neck for them. Now it is computerized so it is easy to track and is on your receipt.