View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 AM
granny_59

"A study from Washington University in St. Louis (PDF) looked at infant deaths attributed to crib bumpers from 1985 to 2005 and found that 27 children under the age of 2 died due to strangulation or suffocation by bumper pads or their ties"

A bit shocked I went into those links and found that. So 27 kids in 20 years - each one a terrible loss.
Then I looked at the number of births in your country and came up with 4.3 Million in 2007, so I will go with 4 Million times 20 and get ruffly 80 Million births within the last 20 years. Please correct me if this is completly wrong.

So 27 out of 80 Million is 0.00003375 %. I could not find any data how many children suffocated on peanuts in the same period, but I am afraid that number is quite a bit higher. So as long as I am not able to keep the world of my children and grandchildren peanut free, I am not going to worry about a crib bumper.
MINE will be tight and krisp and securely binded on the outside.................if I finally come up with a nice pattern.
Would still greatly appreciate suggestions.
Granny