View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 04:45 AM
psquared52

What a juicy question! I like a good website, which posts quarterly schedule EARLY so I can plan. A great selection of fun and affordable classes. Ask your customers what kind of classes they want...and please listen! If there are sale items (and there should always be), please let us know what they are and where they are (I don't like searching for them). Send me an email so I know there's a sale. I don't buy whatever's on sale but I do come in because I'm curious and often buy other things.
Smile..be friendly...offer to help with fabric selections. Some people don't have a good eye for color and would like help.
Offer and promote a frequent buyer card/club. Put names of everyone who attends a paid club/bee or a class in for a monthly drawing for a small gift certificate. Sponsor a "charity quilt-in". Offer free "drop-in" quilting time.
I really like my local LQS. Small shops need to do a good job of self promotion. Please offer sale items. I simply cannot justify shopping at my LQS if there is a huge discrepancy in price.
Thank you for asking important questions and doing your homework before you start a business.